Ch‰teau de Montrˇsor from Rue Xavier Branicki
The original fortifications were built in C11th.
The curtain wall was built by Henry II in an attempt to keep his lands from the French.
Beyond is the early C16th ch‰teau. In 1849 the ch‰teau was restored by Count Xavier Branicki,
a Polish emigrˇ who had close links to the future Napoleon III. His descendants still live there.
previous picture return to gallery next picture